The original StockBot was built on the Netduino platform. I’ve been working on the code for the Arduino platform and have now assembled working code. I can’t claim it is stable yet but it’s doing the job for now.
I am using the Ethernet Arduino. As I explore a number of things all the time, I have also made a shield for the Arduino to see if this project could become a kit for others to build. A little stuck on a source for Numitron tubes so I am trying to make the board generic enough to take a tube or a normal led display (still puzzling that through).
Let me clean up the code – I’ll take a hard look at it over the next month. Maybe after the skis hit the slopes in Whistler I’ll have something to post and walk everyone through. Early December if you don’t ski or board.
What’s StockBot – here’s the beginning post
Here are the prototype boards I had made. They have a nasty bug but I learned something (and could fix it so all is good).